James Bell-Booth is a Manager of the Hamilton office specialising in Environmental & Building Acoustics. He attended the School of Architecture and Design at Victoria University Wellington, graduating with a Bachelor of Building Science in 2004.
James joined the Auckland office of Marshall Day Acoustics in 2005. He has also worked as a consultant in the Sydney office between 2008 and 2011.
In late 2011 Marshall Day opened a Waikato branch office based in Hamilton with James as its Manager.
Since joining Marshall Day James has gained a diversity of experience in acoustical consultancy and has developed skills in several project sectors including:
- Measurement and calculation of environmental noise emission for large and small scale projects, including design of acoustic treatments for various existing and proposed noise sources during both construction and general operational phases of a project
- Noise impact assessments for planning consent applications and preparing expert evidence for industrial, commercial, residential and recreational developments
- The design and remedial advice for commercial and residential buildings. Providing design advice for schools, commercial buildings and private dwellings.
Often the optimum acoustic solutions are found working with the client and the multi-disciplinary design team. James’s experience in working on these types of projects allows innovative solutions to be established early in the project development.
Qualifications and Membership
- Dip.Aud.E Diploma of Audio Engineering, SAE, Auckland
- BBSc - Bachelor of Building Science, Victoria University, Wellington, New Zealand
- Member of the Acoustical Society of New Zealand (MASNZ)
- Resource Management and Law Association